To ALL entrants, I want to let you know that I DO comment on all entries (with the exception of Splitcoast and Flickr) so if you don't see a comment from me, please check to see if there are any comments awaiting moderation or in SPAM. A lot of comments are in SPAM and bloggers don't realize it.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Origami Christmas Tree

A BIG thanks again to my sister CARLA for doing up this tutorial.

One of my friends showed me how to make these origami Christmas trees and I thought they just looked the cutest! They might look difficult, but once you make one, you'll be hooked

Start with 4 small squares cut from double-sided patterned paper.
3x3, 2.5x2.5, 2x2, and 1.5x1.5
Working with one square at a time, fold in half diagonally. Unfold and do the other diagonal as well. You should end up with something like this: Now comes the tricky part With your fingers on 4 of the corners, squish the edges in to form a triangle Here is the bottom view:Now, take one flap of the triangle and fold it down lining up at the center, kinda like making a paper airplane. Repeat for the other flap. This is what it should look like: Repeat this for the other 3 squares:Add a glue dot to the tip of each piece and join the 4 pieces together.
The finished product:
Add this to a card or a layout. You can make this as big or small as you want. Embellish as desired.

Here's a card Carla made... ...and one that I did.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is cool Deanne. I made several of these BUT when you go to mail one it will cost more for postage. I love doing them however.

Libby Dyson said...

Wow what a great tutorial with a fantastic looking card. Thanks so much

Beverley Todd said...

Awwww! My mum makes these - v. cute.

Regina said...

This is such a wonderful tutorial! I just loved making this. Thanks so much for your detailed instructions and photos.

Karen said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I tried it and loved the results. Will definitely be making more of these.